Lecture Handouts of “English for Specific Purposes (Law)” for Final Semester Examination Preparation
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
This CONTRACT OF LEASE is made and executed at the City of _____, this day of _______________, 20__, by and between:
(NAME OF LESSOR), of legal age, single/married to (Name of spouse if any), Indonesia, and with residence and postal address at (Address), hereinafter referred to as the LESSOR.
(NAME OF LESSEE), Indonesia and with residence and postal address at (Address), hereinafter referred to as the LESSEE.
WHEREAS, the LESSOR is the owner of THE LEASED PREMISES, a residential property situated at (Address of property to be leased);
WHEREAS, the LESSOR agrees to lease-out the property to the LESSEE and the LESSEE is willing to lease the same;
NOW THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the foregoing premises, the LESSOR leases unto the LESSEE and the LESSEE hereby accepts from the LESSOR the LEASED premises, subject to the following:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- PURPOSES: That premises hereby leased shall be used exclusively by the LESSEE for residential purposes only and shall not be diverted to other uses. It is hereby expressly agreed that if at any time the premises are used for other purposes, the LESSOR shall have the right to rescind this contract without prejudice to its other rights under the law.
- TERM: This term of lease is for ONE (1) YEAR. from (Date) to (Date) inclusive. Upon its expiration, this lease may be renewed under such terms and conditions as my be mutually agreed upon by both parties, written notice of intention to renew the lease shall be served to the LESSOR not later than seven (7) days prior to the expiry date of the period herein agreed upon.
- RENTAL RATE: The monthly rental rate for the leased premises shall be in RUPIAH: AMOUNT IN WORDS (RP 00,000.00), Indonesia Currency. All rental payments shall be payable to the LESSOR.
- DEPOSIT: That the LESSEE shall deposit to the LESSOR upon signing of this contract and prior to move-in an amount equivalent to the rent for THREE (3) MONTHS or the sum of RUPIAH: AMOUNT IN WORDS (RP 00,000.00), Indonesia Currency. wherein the two (2) months deposit shall be applied as rent for the 11th and 12th months and the remaining one (1) month deposit shall answer partially for damages and any other obligations, for utilities such as Water, Electricity, CATV, Telephone, Association Dues or resulting from violation(s) of any of the provision of this contract.
- DEFAULT PAYMENT: In case of default by the LESSEE in the payment of the rent, such as when the checks are dishonored, the LESSOR at its option may terminate this contract and eject the LESSEE. The LESSOR has the right to padlock the premises when the LESSEE is in default of payment for One (1) month and may forfeit whatever rental deposit or advances have been given by the LESSEE.
- SUB-LEASE: The LESSEE shall not directly or indirectly sublet, allow or permit the leased premises to be occupied in whole or in part by any person, form or corporation, neither shall the LESSEE assign its rights hereunder to any other person or entity and no right of interest thereto or therein shall be conferred on or vested in anyone by the LESSEE without the LESSOR’S written approval.
- PUBLIC UTILITIES: The LESSEE shall pay for its telephone, electric, cable TV, water, Internet, association dues and other public services and utilities during the duration of the lease.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If whole or any part of the leased premises shall be destroyed or damaged by fire, flood, lightning, typhoon, earthquake, storm, riot or any other unforeseen disabling cause of acts of God, as to render the leased premises during the term substantially unfit for use and occupation of the LESSEE, then this lease contract may be terminated without compensation by the LESSOR or by the LESSEE by notice in writing to the other.
- LESSOR’S RIGHT OF ENTRY: The LESSOR or its authorized agent shall after giving due notice to the LESSEE shall have the right to enter the premises in the presence of the LESSEE or its representative at any reasonable hour to examine the same or make repairs therein or for the operation and maintenance of the building or to exhibit the leased premises to prospective LESSEE, or for any other lawful purposes which it may deem necessary.
- EXPIRATION OF LEASE: At the expiration of the term of this lease or cancellation thereof, as herein provided, the LESSEE will promptly deliver to the LESSOR the leased premises with all corresponding keys and in as good and tenable condition as the same is now, ordinary wear and tear expected devoid of all occupants, movable furniture, articles and effects of any kind. Non-compliance with the terms of this clause by the LESSEE will give the LESSOR the right, at the latter’s option, to refuse to accept the delivery of the premises and compel the LESSEE to pay rent therefrom at the same rate plus Twenty Five (25) % thereof as penalty until the LESSEE shall have complied with the terms hereof. The same penalty shall be imposed in case the LESSEE fails to leave the premises after the expiration of this Contract of Lease or termination for any reason whatsoever.
- JUDICIAL RELIEF: Should any one of the parties herein be compelled to seek judicial relief against the other, the losing party shall pay an amount of One Hundred (100) % of the amount clamed in the complaint as attorney’s fees which shall in no case be less than RP500,000,000.00 in addition to other cost and damages which the said party may be entitled to under the law.
- This CONTRACT OF LEASE shall be valid and binding between the parties, their successors-in-interest and assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, parties herein affixed their signatures on the date and place above written.
(Name of Lessor) (Name of Lessee)
Signed in the presence of:
Republic of Indonesia)
BEFORE ME, personally appeared:
Name CTC Number Date/Place Issued
(Name of Lessor) 10000000 February 24, 20__ / Jakarta City
(Name of Lessee) 10000000 January 07, 20__ / Bogor
Known to me and to me known to be the same persons who executed the foregoing instrument and acknowledged to me that the same is their free and voluntary act and deed.
This instrument consisting of ____ page/s, including the page on which this acknowledgement is written, has been signed on each and every page thereof by the concerned parties and their witnesses, and and sealed with my notarial seal.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL, on the date and place first above written.
Page No. ______;
Series of 20___.
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,
Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,
Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,
Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,
Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in cooperation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge, Now, therefore, The General Assembly, Proclaims this Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.
Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.
- Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
- No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.
No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each State.
- Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
- Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
- This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
- Everyone has the right to a nationality.
- No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.
- Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
- Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
- The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.
- Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
- No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
- No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
- Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives.
- Everyone has the right to equal access to public service in his country.
- The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures.
Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.
- Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
- Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
- Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
- Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.
- Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
- Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
- Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
- Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
- Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.
- Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
- Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realized.
- Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
- In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
- These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.
Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.